Please note, I am not able to offer any form of crisis intervention beyond our contracted therapy sessions.  Do use the services detailed below.

If your situation is urgent and you need help NOW, then call 999.


Any one of us can find ourselves facing times of difficulty or crisis.  It might be we knew difficult times were on their way, or we have been taken by surprise.  If you feel in crisis, or feel suicidal, there are a number of agencies that can help provide immediate information and support.  You might want to consider:

  • Speaking with your General Practitioner (GP), or the out-of-hours GP, who can talk through with you your immediate concerns, provide help themselves or, if necessary, seek additional help for you.
  • Go to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (A&E) and explain your circumstances.  Most A&E Departments have access to urgent mental health support and can provide you with the help you need, quickly and sensitively.
  • You can call the NHS Emergency and Urgent Care Services on 111
  • You may want to speak to the Samaritans, who are skilled and trained to listen to you, without directing you or telling you want to do.  They can be contacted in a number of ways:
    • Telephone: 126 113 (UK)
    • Email:
    • Letter: FREEPOST RSRB-KKBY-CYJK, PO Box 9090, Stirling, FK8 2SA

There are other helplines too, including: